AUSKF 2020 Spreadsheet-Based Membership Registration
AUSKF 2020 Spreadsheet-Based Membership Registration
For AUSKF membership registration, member federations have the choice of using the spreadsheet-based system (https://www.auskf.org/forms/auskf-membership/auskf-2020-spreadsheet-based-membership-registration), or having their individual members use the online registration system (https://www.unitedstateskendo.com/). For both methods, the annual membership drive deadline is 3/31/2020.
This page provides instructions for spreadsheet-based registration.
- For the annual membership drive (for 2020 membership that runs from 4/1/2020 through 3/31/2021): see detailed Membership Drive Spreadsheet Registration notes below. Brief summary:
- Create your federation's initial spreadsheet using 2019 membership
- Add "4/1/2020" under "registration day" to register a member;
- enter "Y" under "college student" to indicate full time student
- Submit the completed password-protected spreadsheet by the annual membership drive deadline
- To register members after the annual membership drive deadline, see supplemental registration notes below
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Membership Drive Spreadsheet Registration
Step 1: Download the 2020-AUSKF-Annual-Membership-Form.xlsx
Save the file with the name "FED-2020-AUSKF-Annual-Membership-Form.xlsx" where "FED" is the abbreviation for your federation.
Step 2: Add 2019 membership information to the "2019" tab
Populating the "2019" tab with data from the AUSKF database will promote consistency of data going into 2020. It could also simplify the process at all levels of your federation.
- Using federation admin privileges on www.unitedstateskendo.com, download the membership export file for your federation
- See “Downloading Membership Information” below for details.
- Transfer data using Microsoft Excel (or compatible spreadsheet application)
- Open the export file
- Filter on "Registration Date" between 4/1/2019 and 3/31/2020 and sort by "Dojo". Additional sorting within a dojo could include by ID Number or name.
- Open the annual form
- Cut and paste data for members from the export file to the annual form. Since the column order is different in the two files, this will need to be done in several pieces.
If you would like AUSKF to create a spreadsheet with your federation's 2019 data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Add 2020 membership data to the "2020" tab
Here are the instructions for entering your federation's registration for 2020.
- Enter your membership data in the "2020" tab
- For returning 2019 members as well as new members, enter ID Number, Last Name, First Name, Birthdate, Gender, Federation, and Dojo
- leave the ID Number blank for a new member who has never received an ID Number in the past
- Enter "4/1/2020" under "Registration Day" (column B) to register the member
- Enter "Y" under "college student" (column G) to indicate the member is 18 & over and a full-time student
- Do not try to alter the autofill section (highlighted in orange). Its formulas automatically calculate the fee for each member. The spreadsheet is protected to keep the autofill section intact. If you are pasting from another sheet, you will need to do it in two pieces, for the columns to the left and right of the autofill section.
- If a member does not have an ID number (column C is blank), autofill will add the $10 initiation fee
- Special notes:
- Highlight a cell green to indicate a request to change the AUSKF database, for example a new last name or a dojo change within your federation. (Note: If someone has moved out of your federation, DO NOT provide information about that person in the "2020" tab.)
- Rank information is not included in this form, since it is handled by a different process.
- Compare your spreadsheet entries against your "2019" tab and correct data as necessary, for example name spelling, date of birth, gender, etc.
- It is especially important that the dojo name matches the official spelling and punctuation already established in the AUSKF membership database; otherwise a new dojo will be created.
Step 4: Submit the completed spreadsheet on or before the annual membership drive deadline
- Password-protect your spreadsheet using the same password as in 2019
- Upload the file to your federation's DropBox folder
- Email email@example.com that the spreadsheet is ready
- Mail your membership check to Keiko Umemura, the AUSKF treasurer (who is automatically copied on emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mail one federation check made payable to All United States Kendo Federation
- For detailed information see the “AUSKF 2020 Registration Procedure".
For membership registration after the deadline of 4/1/2020:
- Use the “2020 AUSKF Supplemental Membership Form” (2020-AUSKF-Supplemental-Membership-Form.xlsx) and follow the instructions in step 3 and step 4 above, except
- In the "Registration Date" column, instead of "4/1/2020", use the date of your supplemental registration submission, for example "7/15/2020" for registration submitted July 15th, 2020.
- Rename the file to "fed_yyyymmdd_supplemental.xlsx", where "fed" is the abbreviation for your federation and "yyyymmdd" is the submission date, for example "20200715"
- Membership registration files will be imported into the online database between the 7th and 15th of the month following submission, provided the membership fees have been received by AUSKF.
Alternatively, you can let individuals register online at www.unitedstateskendo.com after completing your federation as explained in at https://www.auskf.org/forms/auskf-membership/auskf-2020-membership-registration-procedure-by-keiko-umemura.
Downloading Membership Information
The instructions below assume familiarity with using admin privileges in the online membership database at www.unitedstateskendo.com.
- Using federation admin privileges, download the membership export file for your federation
- Open the Admin menu
- Choose "Federation List" from the "Federation admin" drop-down
- Click on your federation name
- Click on "Membership Export File" at the top of the page
- Save the export file
- The export file may then be used to populate your "2019" annual spreadsheet tab (https://www.auskf.org/forms/auskf-membership/auskf-2020-spreadsheet-based-membership-registration), to look up AUSKF ID numbers assigned to your members, to check your menjo printing request before submitting it to AUSKF, or other usage.
- Note: The export file includes data for past and present members of your federation. To view only those who are registered in 2020, sort according to the "Registration Date" column, which reflects the date each person registered for 2020 membership.
You may also use admin privileges to spot check information for individual members (users), edit or check dojo information (dojos), etc. See the https://www.unitedstateskendo.com/Admin/Help pop down pages for more information.